Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cover Search


After a year of querying with no success to literary agents and publishing houses, I have decided to self publish my first novel. Making the decision to self publish was not an easy decision. I cried. I lost hair. I gained weight. I really wanted to see my book in print, darn it!

Well, I would really like to see my book publish as well.

With the decision made, to self publish, I started getting my book ready for publication.

First, I needed an editor. Thank you Nancy Yang Peterson! She is practically helping me for free. She is currently working on my manuscript.

Second, I needed a cover. I explored many outlets from posting my project online at DesignQuote.net to Amazon Createspace.com. I received some bids but they didn’t pan out. Writing rejection emails are hard to do. I hope the rejections I received took as much pain as I did writing mine! As for Createspace, I’m just not ready to use their services. Again, I would love to see my book in print, but I also need to be realistic. School supplies? Or Mamma’s pet project? School supplies won.

My wonderful husband, Dang, asked a couple of his friends to help. Seng Xiong illustrated this image for me:


Though I love the image of the girl, I have to go with my gut feeling. The cover just doesn’t scream, “read me!” so I enlisted the help of my ever-so-understanding sister and she found theauthorsredroom.com site for me. I love one of their cover, contacted them, and they are able to change the cover to my specification so I’ll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment