Friday, March 1, 2013

Career Day

Hello everyone. It's been a while. Time to focus again.

I had a wonderful experience of being one of the guest speakers at Community School of Excellence (CSE) in St. Paul for their middle school's career day. As I was looking for parking, my car got stuck in slush. Three wonderful staffs from the school helped me out and I made it to the school on time. I had to share this because as I was trying to free my car, all I could think about was: this is not happening!
The slush
I didn't know what to expect really. I had an outline but after the introductions, I just answered questions--not so bad.

CSE superintendent, Mo Chang was welcoming and we had a good chat over lunch at the school. I gave her an autographed book and she offered to purchased six of my paperback books!
CSE superintendent, Mo Chang, and me.
Sorry about the photo. I only had my phone with me.

During lunch, inspirational speaker and comedian, Tou Ger Xiong stopped by to say hello.

I also met reporter, Boua Xiong and Choua Vang from Girl Scouts. Though today was a career day for the students of CSE, it was also a career day for me as well. Taking every opportunity to learn from my mistakes, business cards are a must for events like this!

Thank you Shoua and Chente for inviting me to join CSE's career day. It was quite the experience.


2 comments:

  1. You inspired me to continue on with my writing :) I hope to one day publish at least one book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing. The options and opportunities for writers are endless these days. Enjoy your writing and good luck.

    ReplyDelete